Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Car Underbody Protection Car Underbody Treatment?

Car underbody treatment? - car underbody protection

Hello everyone, I have a Ford Fiesta MK3 XR2i 16v.
I believe, recently completed under the car to protect against rust, etc ... including the thresholds of the low pans, etc. chassis. I recommend the following technique PPL only that in some forums Fiest i scratch at the surface so much rust / scale / dirt as I could, but I couldnt get it all up naked like Matel massive job losses, too. waxoil here and there are old, but I left it in his gentle, but ..

Ive former second Johnstones first with all the rust.
Third, I've done 2 coats of Hammerite paint on the metal
Now my question is that I have some stone-chip resistance is placed to prevent stones and metal balls, and is slipping back oxide STONE CHIP, you can paint Hammerite Direct to metal? it, I just did not want to hammer stones, it can be done to fix them! Hiking in the closed now lol ill advice please guys?
Thank you for Craig =)

3 comments:

jason c said...

Looks like you have a very competent evidence of rust in the car. Thinner stone chip on the links Hammerschlag, relative stay away from the water as a hammer stone chip that respect, but do not stick as well as products based on solvents.
Yes.

J G said...

What we have done is in fact more harm than good: They appear to have mold and underbody protection past, then sealed in the oxide and humid with Hammerite: automobile plant rot faster now because they do not "breathe" and is permanently trapped moisture behind the color.
I do not want to bother with several layers.

COLIN T said...

Although JG is a taxpayer who does not believe it is right here - in fact I do not know. Hammerite paint is used by most others on the market in different and stop rust in dry! It is also hard to ignore and gravel, etc., thrown at him, but obviously a bit of flint or a half-brick is a different matter. Since it is clear that the intention to hold to start the car a layer of gravel is not wasted money, but do not do so until at least 6 weeks have passed since the day you bet on the hammer. This image is not 100% healed before.

This is not just a personal opinion - you get a copy of all technical data and test in the paint and above confirmed.

Post a Comment